Every organisation wants to provide a contemporary and inspiring space for their employees to work in. This is why modern commercial spaces are high in demand. One of the main elements that can help create a professional ambience is the types of glasses you use on the exteriors of the building, as well as in the interior. Don’t let yourself believe that there is only one type of glass suitable for commercial spaces! There are many feature-rich ones that you can choose from to transform any commercial space into a modern one.
Types of glasses you should know of!
Energy efficient glass
These days, many companies strive to minimise their carbon footprint. Efforts taken to reduce their energy are also often touted as CSR activities, which is why offering commercial spaces with built-in solutions for energy efficiency can be an excellent idea for builders and developers. Energy-efficient glass is one of the best types of glasses that you can use for this.
On the other hand, one of the most basic expectations that any employee has is a cool ambience in which to work. This is where solar control glass comes into play. Solar control glass is designed with double glazing to ensure that the room’s heat is minimised. As a result, the space will not heat up as quickly, which will play a significant role in creating a cool ambience for employees.
Solar control glass can be used throughout the building, in any window. Three different types of glasses are offered by AIS within the heat control range. These are:
- Low-E – Also known as low emissivity glass, this ensures that the UV and IR rays do not enter the space. As a result, while light can heat, heat is not allowed to enter. This keeps the space cool.
- Solar control glass – As discussed above, solar control glass is one of the most popular types of glasses used in commercial spaces to reduce heat infiltration.
- Solar control Low-E glass – This is one of the types of glasses that block solar radiation and ensures that the interiors do not heat up. This is the most appropriate for areas that face a lot of solar glare daily.
On a similar note, you can also use such types of glasses on windows in malls, stand-alone stores, or restaurants to ensure that the consumers inside can enjoy a cool ambience. These types of glasses are pretty versatile and can be used anywhere.
Glass for privacy
When you’re creating a commercial space, you need to think about the interiors as much as you think about the exteriors. Offices require a certain degree of privacy both from the outside world and within their four walls. Here are some types of glasses that you can use to enhance the privacy of your buyers:
- View control glass – View control glass is designed in a way that it obstructs the view from certain angles. This is one of the types of glass ideal for placing on large windows that look out into shared spaces.
- Glass with Polymer Dispersed Crystal – This is one of the best types of glasses that can be used in the interiors of the building, especially in private cabins or conference rooms. With the touch of a single button, the glass will become opaque, thereby ensuring that people cannot look into the cabin or conference room.
Back painted glass – Back painted glass is one of the types of glasses used to add a pop of colour. Since different organisations have their corporate colours, such types of glasses are most appropriate for common areas such as the lobby, terraces, balcony and canteen. This type of glass is not see-through and can be used to create a partition to enhance privacy.
Where can you get these types of glasses?
At AIS Glass, we offer a range of stunning and high-quality glasses that are suitable for commercial spaces. Whether you’re constructing a modern office building, building a restaurant hub, or a mall, our different types of glasses can be used to enhance the space easily. Get in touch to know more about all our various types of glasses today!