uPVC Casement windows are turning out to be the most popular window styles for a reason, and that’s because of the classical feel it brings to any home. But aside from its aesthetic appeal, there many other reasons that make it the ideal.
Choosing the right window type for your home can be an expensive affair if not done correctly. uPVC windows due to its low maintenance costs and the various environmental benefits it offers are growing in popularity. So, if you are looking for a window overhaul in your home do uPVC windows especially uPVC casement windows fit the bill?
uPVC is a rigid form of PVC windows that lasts for a longer time. One of the main advantages of uPVC windows is that it can withstand heat, cold, wind, rain, and snow without corroding, peeling, chipping, or flaking. UPVC is a very inert and stable and inert material that virtually requires no maintenance. UPVC windows do not rot like wooden windows and have great flexibility in terms of design. In case of a fire hazard they do not sustain combustion. A double glazed uPVC window increases the heat barrier and the insulation in your home. uPVC windows come in various types such as Tilt and turn, Bay, Picture, Sliding, Casement, Awning etc.
uPVC casement windows have been developed by glass manufacturers from the older casement windows. These modern windows offer the appeal of traditional casement windows while allowing the owners to benefit from modern and durable materials like uPVC. These windows are a lot more durable than wooden windows. uPVC windows should ideally be replaced due to natural wear and tear that develops overtime and is vital to make the most of their benefits. As windows age, gaps form between the panes and sills giving venues for heat to escape resulting in greater heating costs. The difference in ease of operation and maintenance as compared to ordinary windows is very self evident. Windows made of any other material have a reputation of being harder to open and close after a period of time. uPVC casement windows have a distinct advantage over traditional sash windows. The open out hinge construction allow these windows to open fully. The hinging allows the window to draw in breeze throughout your property even if the angle of flow is acute. Casement windows also offer increased security. The security hooks and compression rollers are something not found on traditional windows, because they would not be able to work as the sash has to slide. Some uPVC casement windows feature internal glazing which means that the glass cannot be removed from the outside thus increasing security. Glass manufacturers make these windows multi chambered hence replacement easy and also minimizes heat loss.
Almost all uPVC casement windows have double glazing, which makes it harder for intruders to break in. These windows can be made a little more private by applying some amount of tinning to it. These casement windows can look good and function efficiently over a long period of time by simply cleaning them occasionally. In most regions these windows would be require cleaning only a few times a year. However, in certain industrial, agricultural or coastal areas the amount of airborne particles is high and may require frequent washing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Clear Annealed Glass (basic glass)
- Clear Toughened Glass (5x stronger than annealed glass)
- Tinted Glass (comes with different color tints)
- Coated glass for performance and unique finish (Soft Coat, Hard Coat, Mirrored, and Lacquered)
- Frosted Glass
- Smart Glass.
- Premium quality at affordable costs. uPVC is the cheapest material in comparison to Aluminium or Wood
- Virtually maintenance-free and easy to clean
- Thermally efficient material provides more excellent heat insulation than aluminum and Wooden windows.
- uPVC windows are UV resistant, Do not fade, Don’t Rot, Corrode, or Rust.
- No stress of termites or insects.
Some of the unbeatable advantages of uPVC doors & Windows are as follows:
Aesthetically Pleasing: uPVC windows lend your spaces a premium, sleek look. At AIS Windows, we customize uPVC windows to suit your property and specifications.
Durable: These windows are the strongest and long-lasting compared to other types. uPVC windows are not affected by extreme elements, such as fluctuating weather conditions. They can last for up to 50 years and more, with little maintenance and without compromising their functionality. They offer enhanced strength, especially to larger frame sections.
Low Maintenance: uPVC is a low-maintenance material, and cleaning it is easy and quick. It would be best to have a wet sponge and a few minutes, and your window will shine bright.. requirements.
Eco-Friendly: uPVC windows and doors can lower energy costs immensely. Their high insulation value prevents heat ingress, keeping the indoor temperature optimal. Also, uPVC windows are the eco-friendliest since they easily last for 40-80 years. They’re made from recyclable materials that don’t harm the environment.
High energy efficiency: Installing uPVC window frames can make your property an energy-efficient zone. uPVC is a fantastic insulator or a low conductor of heat, which means that it doesn’t enable heat transfer through its frames.
- Clear Annealed Glass- Annealed glass is ordinary glass, aka Float glass or flat glass, that has not been heat-strengthened or tempered. Annealing float glass is the process of controlled cooling to prevent residual stress in the glass and is an inherent operation of the Float glass manufacturing process.
- Clear Toughened/Tempered Glass- 5x stronger than annealed glass
- Tinted Glass- Blocks the sun's heat, allowing the room to remain calm. This type of glass absorbs 30% to 45% of solar heat, protects against glare, and enhances buildings' aesthetic appearance.
- Coated Glass for performance and unique finish (Soft Coat, Hard Coat, Mirrored, and Lacquered), Frosted Glass, and Smart Glass.