- Launched the 2nd AIS Windows Experience Centre in Bengaluru in 2022-23
- AIS Auto glass plant in Gujarat received Gold certification under IGBC Green Buildings Rating Systems, a reflection of our green standards and contributions to the environment
- Development planned for systems with taller, wider vistas, minimalistic aesthetics and so on
- Established a state-of-the-art plant in Patan, Gujarat
- AIS Windows indigenously developed and launched AIS Regal Select as a successor of AIS Regal
- Launched a first-of-its-kind, zero-barrier Lift & Slide System
- Launched Fire rated Doors
- First of its kind, AIS Windows phygital Experience Centre launched in New Delhi Indian markets
- AIS Regal Aluminium System was introduced
- uPVC and Aluminium portfolio was extended across typologies
- Started Design & Development on Steel Fire Rated Doors
- AIS Windows introduced Aluminium Systems
- Plant footprint increased to 50,000 sq. ft.
- Established Own Design & Development Department
- Entered West & Central Indian Markets
- Witnessed a substantial increase in demand for AIS glass products and solutions
- Refurbished and relaunched the AIS Taloja Plant
- AIS AUTO GLASS forayed into the tractor segment
- First year of operation as an integrated unit of our architectural and float SBUs
- AIS Glasxperts and AIS Windshield Experts integrated into a single unit – Consumer Glass
- AIS incorporated ‘GX Glass Sales and Services Limited’ and became the one-stop-shop for end users of glass
- Entered the uPVC windows and doors market as AIS VUE (now AIS Windows)
- Awarded the TPM Excellence Award(2010)
- AIS started Soft Coat High Performance glass range under brand AIS Ecosense.
- AIS Auto Glass won the Deming Application Prize (2007)
- AIS incorporated Integrated Glass Materials Limited as a wholly owned subsidiary
- Got our channel for sand mining and processing
- AIS was awarded the Fastest Growing Glass Company (2008) by Construction World
- Successfully completed AIS Auto Glass Plant expansions
- Auto glass started exporting to Europe and Pakistan
- Several developments on our AIS Architectural front
- AIS rated the “Best Indian Company in Glass Award (2010) and Ceramics” by Dun & Bradstreet
- Corporate brand AIS chosen as a Super Brand
- AIS positioned as an integrated glass company
- Several developments on our AIS Auto and Architectural Glass front
- Established AIS Glass Solutions Limited to engage with the architectural glass value chain
- Changed our name to Asahi India Glass Limited
- Unveiled Corporate Brand ‘AIS’ and started focused activities on brand building
- AIS Windshield Experts – our new auto repair and replacement brand
- AIS became the largest glass company in India after a merger with Floatglass India Limited
- Our green journey: Established Environment Management Systems
- Our sales turnover neared the 500 crore mark
- Auto Glass Distribution’s name changed to Asahi India Map Auto Glass (AIM)
- Set up a plant for the manufacture of our encapsulated fixed glass for cars
- Our sales turnover crossed the 200 crore mark
- Began in-house design and manufacture of key process equipment; a productive and cost-effective solution
- AIS enters into the auto glass distribution market as Welkin Auto Services
- We expanded our customer base and became suppliers to Hyundai, Ford, Toyota, and Hindustan Motors
- The first Indian glass solutions company to get QS 9000 certification from TUV Bayern Sachsen, Germany
- Our sales turnover crossed the 100 crore mark
- Asahi India Adhesives Limited (AIA) was established in 1996, to market auto glass adhesives, sealants, auto glass tools and accessories to OE and auto replacement markets.
- Sales turnover crossed the Rs.100 crore mark.
- Installed state-of-the-art tempering furnace to bridge the gaps in terms of capacity and level of technology. Toughened glass capacity increased to 11,37,000 square metres with technological capabilities to produce complex glass models.
- Completed major capacity expansion for laminated windshields so as to produce 7,50,000 laminated windshields. This was done anticipating an increase in demand of laminated windshields pursuant to changes in the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, making the use of laminated windshields mandatory for passenger vehicles starting 26th March 1996.
- Commenced supplies of automotive safety glass to car majors, General Motors and Daewoo Motors.
- Became the first Indian glass company to get ISO 9002 certification from TUV Bayern Sachsen, Germany.
- Completed expansion of automotive toughened glass capacity by 67% to produce 7,37,000 square metres to meet growing demand.
- Set up plant to produce laminated safety glass with installed capacity to produce 70,000 windshields to meet requirements of Maruti Udyog Ltd. for its cars for the export market.
- Made first export sales to Europe.
- Extended customer base with commencement of supplies to new customers – TELCO, Mahindra & Mahindra and DCM Toyota.
- Completed expansion of toughened glass capacity by 70% ( to 4,42,000 square metres).
- Installed first printing line to produce automotive glass with black ceramic and heat-lite printing – the first in India.
- Obtained ECE’s ‘E’ mark certification for automotive glass to facilitate its use in vehicles for the export market
- Reported maiden profit and paid first dividend to shareholders.
- Started commercial production of toughened (tempered) automotive glass with installed capacity of 2,60,000 square metres.
- Commenced supplies to sole customer – Maruti Udyog Ltd.
- Made initial public offer of equity shares. Issue oversubscribed by 6.89 times.
- Recorded a maiden sales turnover of Rs. 11.5 crores in the first year of operation.
- Joint venture agreement executed among promoters – the Labroo family, Asahi Glass Co., Ltd., Japan, Indo-Asahi Glass Company Ltd. (its equity stake subsequently transferred to Asahi Glass Co. Ltd., Japan) and Maruti Udyog LTD.
- Incorporated as public limited company.
- Commenced construction activities at plant site at Bawal, District Rewari (Haryana).