Asahi India Glass Ltd. (AIS) is India’s leading integrated glass Solutions Company and a dominant player both in the car and building glass segment. It commands a 77% share in the Indian car glass market. Established in 1984, AIS’ footprint today spans the entire spectrum of the automotive and architectural glass value chains. It is a sand-to-solutions organization with products & services for institutional buyers as well as retail customers, including:
• Automotive glass products: Laminated windshields, tempered back and door glass and value-added glass
• Architectural glass products: Clear & tinted glass and a range of value added solar control & heat-reflective glass, mirrors, frosted & lacquered glass
• Windshield Experts: India’s first and largest automotive repair & replacement network with 51 specialist centres located in 28 cities across the country
•Glasxperts: India’s only provider of lifestyle solutions in glass whose offerings span Privacy, Aesthetic, Window, Security, Acoustic and Energy-efficiency solutions
• 4G Solutions: A comprehensive bouquet of solutions that includes consultation services, glass selection & processing, and glass integration, installation and service
• AIS VUE: A range of uPVC window solutions that includes Silent VUE – Noise cancelling windows, Guard VUE – Burglar-resistant windows, EcoVUE – Energy saving windows, Safe VUE – Safety glass windows and Custom VUE – Customised benefit windows.
The Company’s origin can be traced to the JV agreement between the Labroo family, Asahi Glass Co. Ltd. (AGC), Japan and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. in 1984. As promoter group, the three entities jointly hold about 55% of paid-up equity capital of AIS with the balance 45% being held by the public.
Befitting its status as the largest integrated glass company in India, AIS is synonymous with best in class quality and service in the Indian glass industry due to its people, technology, engineering capability, manufacturing scale and skill. Listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange, AIS epitomises the highest standard of transparency, integrity and most importantly, trust – amongst its customers for whom AIS is a partner of choice, its employees and other stake holders.
Today, more than ever, AIS is driven to market-leading innovations providing the right blend between daylight and energy saving, visual and thermal comfort, technology and sensitivity, enabling an age of Green Buildings and supporting a truly sustainable future.